[Zope-CMF] IMember: does it exist?

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Fri Oct 3 15:14:06 EDT 2008

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl <jens at ...> writes:
>> I'd say that's a typo. The referenced IMember probably means the
>> IMemberData interface, which does exist.
>
> Sounds good. Existing member implementations might have to be updated to declare
> themselves implementing that interface. For example, remember does not, although
> it does provide the required setProperties method.

this is off-topic for this list, so we can discuss this off-list if you want
to go any deeper, paul, but strictly speaking i don't think remember's Member
class needs to implement IMemberData.  the Member class is content, and PAS
plug-ins use that content to generate and provide properties for user objects.
  then CMF does it's normal wrapping of these user objects using the standard
MemberData implementation.

-r