[Zope-CMF] Migrating content w/ manage_FTPget and generic setup

Chris Crownhart ccro at kaivo.com
Fri Apr 17 12:10:41 EDT 2009

Hey Folks,

I'm migrating a custom content type from Plone 2.0.5 to Plone 3.2 using manage_FTPget and Generic Setup following the help on http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/creating-content-with-genericsetup. I have a script that exports my data from 2.5 into files using
manage_FTPget and I can import that data into 3.2 using portal_setup->Import.

In general, this process works great, but I have two attributes that are not migrating correctly; creator and modification_date; These fields end up with the id of the user performing the import and the time of the import.

In the output from manage_FTPget, I have data like

creators: user1
modification_date: 2006/07/21 14:01:52.647 GMT-7

There is no owner field in the output from manage_FTPget, but the user in creators is the data I want.

Does anyone know of a way to preserve this data?

Thanks,
Chris