[Zope-CMF] CMF Tests: 3 OK, 1 Failed

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Aug 17 13:19:31 EDT 2009

On 2009-8-17 17:48, Alec Mitchell wrote:
> Exactly.  The failures are essentially cosmetic, I can fix them either
> by removing the Quoted Printable configuration from MailHost or by
> changing the CMF tests to expect Quoted Printable instead of Base64.
> Quoted Printable is easily readable/debuggable and doesn't get
> penalized by spam filters, base64 is more compact.  It may make the
> most sense to remove the Quoted Printable config from MailHost and
> just punt this decision to some future release.

I would rather see those quopri changse go in for two reasons: it makes
testing emails easier us humans can read quoted printable text while
base64 looks like line noice, and in my experience spamfilters tend to
consider base64 encoded emails more likely to spam.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.