[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.2.0-beta reminder

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Dec 9 10:32:34 EST 2009

Am 02.12.2009, 21:04 Uhr, schrieb Charlie Clark <charlie at begeistert.org>:

> I think that we could work with a sensible default which might be
> overwritable in the aliases?

I can think of two solutions here.

1) Sensible default:

replace

         if self.add_view_expr:
             lazy_map['url'] = self.add_view_expr_object
             lazy_keys.append('url')
         else:
             lazy_map['url'] = ''

with

         if not self.add_view_expr:
             url = "string:${folder_url}/++add++%s" % self.getId()
             self._setPropValue('add_view_expr', url)
         lazy_map['url'] = self.add_view_expr_object
         lazy_keys.append('url')

This leaves add_view_expr as an editable property but will create it if
required and it can be edited afterwards. This means you don't need to
worry about typos when creating or copying new portal types, you just have
to make it an empty string.

2) Uneditable TypeInfo method

Apart from transparency I can't see any reason for making this value
editable so it could be implemented as a property doing much the same as
above.

Thoughts?

Charlie
--