[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 2.2: upgrade steps

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Dec 9 10:32:32 EST 2009

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> - The MetadataTool has write-on-read migration code in _get_DCMI. That
>> should be converted into two migration steps: One from CMF 1.6 to CMF
>> 2.0 and one from 2.1 to 2.2.
>
> This is done on the trunk and the 2.2 branch.

Great!

I think it would be good to catch in .to22.check_dcmi_metadata *all*
tools that don't have a 'DCMI' attribute.

CMF 2.0 and 2.1 did not add '_DCMI' in __init__, I just changed that
before the 2.2 beta. If the old migration code was never triggered the
tools are broken without an upgrade step.

>> - The upgrade scripts in CMFCore/Extensions and CMFDefault/Extensions
>> should be converted to upgrade steps.
>
> All scripts in CMFDefault were obsolete, those I deleted. The script in CMFCore is a good candidate for upgrade steps, but I am thinking the step should be in CMFDefault, correct?

Yes. All migration code is now linked to the default profile of
CMFDefault. At the moment I have no idea how to make these upgrade steps
available for people who use e.g. only CMFCore.

>> - An upgrade step for adding the new singlestate_workflow should be written.
>
> This is done on the trunk and the 2.2 branch.

Nice!

Cheers,

	Yuppie