[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup and PluggableAuthService

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Dec 30 09:39:50 EST 2009

On 2009-12-30 15:35, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> On 2009-12-30 15:06, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> Separate note: On the "Import" tab I see a dropdown of extension
>>> profiles to select. Changing the selection here never affects the list
>>> of available import steps, though. This is confusing to me, but I may
>>> have misunderstood the purpose.
>>
>> The list of import steps is global and not per-profile, so that is
>> expected behaviour. For most profiles only a few import steps do any
>> real work, but the setup tool has no way to detect that so all steps are
>> always listed.
>
> The reason I thought this list of steps may (should?) change is that for
> example the PluggableAuthService profiles (both of which are BASE
> profiles) explicitly define what steps they provide with an
> import_steps.xml and export_steps.xml file. My assumption was that if
> you have one of the PAS profiles set as the baseline profile, and then
> select "Current base profile" on the Import tab, then the list of steps
> would reflect what the PAS profile import_steps.xml contains.

import_steps.xml and export_steps.xml were deprecated a while ago since
they caused very confusing behaviour: they were loaded when a profile
was activated, but they were loaded into a global registry of known
steps. The result was that the list of steps could randomly change
depending on which profiles you had looked at in the ZMI. In order to
simplify things those two files were replaced with zcml directives.

I am wondering if the CMFCore import/export steps are registered for
Interface instead of ISiteRoot? You should only see steps that are
registered for the current context, and since a PAS user folder is not
an ISiteRoot the CMF import and export steps should not show up or be run.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.