[Zope-CMF] CMF Tests: 4 OK, 1 Failed, 1 Unknown

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Feb 4 07:44:38 EST 2009

Am 03.02.2009 um 13:45 schrieb Hanno Schlichting:

> Those are partly my fault. I updated the Zope trunk tree to the latest
> zope.* versions which remove some deprecated stuff (this is Zope 2.12
> including what will become Zope 3.5).

Nice to see Python 2.5 support being added. Not that I'm particularly
keen on any of the bells and whistles (can't think of anything of the
top of my head from 2.5 that I want).

> ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/home/stefan/autotest/temp/python24-zope212-cmf22/Products/
> CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml",
> line 12.2
>    ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive',
> u'http://namespaces.zope.org/browser', u'defaultSkin')
>
> defaultSkin has been deprecated in 2006 and now finally removed. I
> don't
> quite know what this actually does and if this is in actual use by
> CMF.

According to Philip's excellent book it defines the default skin for a
site so no need for a ++skin++ command in the URL. I've no idea what
happens if you don't have a default skin but when I started playing
with Zope 3 skins I wasn't very pleased with the need to override the
default skin rather than overwrite it.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark