[Zope-CMF] [dev] .zexp imports and notifyWorkflowCreated

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Feb 21 07:24:22 EST 2009

Wichert Akkerman wrote at 2009-2-18 21:51 +0100:
>> That's how copy and paste resets the workflow state.
>
>Which is argueably a mis-feature: it means you are not just doing a copy
>and paste, but a copy, paste and modify.

>In my opinion a copy should produce a full copy, including all state and
>history.

For some workflows, it may not be adequate to retain the state
after a copy.

Consider a publication workflow with a site organized
along subjects with different subject reviewers.
Object "o" is released in subject "s1". Now it is copied
to subject "s2". I think it is obvious that "o" needs a review
at its new place.

In addition: I is highly doubtfull that the "creation_date"
of the copy should be the same as the creation date of the original.

At least in our contexts, copies are usually made to be modified
later (slightly). For this use case, the "creation_date" should
be set to the time the copy was created *and* the copy
should start in the initial state.

--
Dieter