[Zope-CMF] [dev] .zexp imports and notifyWorkflowCreated

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Feb 23 14:25:18 EST 2009

Am 18.02.2009 um 21:51 schrieb Wichert Akkerman:

> In my opinion a copy should produce a full copy, including all state
> and
> history.

Yes, in the technical sense of .copy() but I'm not sure if that is
what I as a user expect in a CMS. Do I really want an exact duplicate
of everything or perhaps a new object with the content of the old? If
the original object has already been published should my new object
also be published? If so surely I'm breaking with the workflow
principle.

In my experience (and I'm not just talking about how I do things)
copies are usually made with the original object being archived as a
sort of security blanket in case something goes wrong.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20