[Zope-CMF] Running functional tests in a buildout environment

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Jan 12 11:54:19 EST 2009

Hi,

I've been struggling (and pestering Jens) with running the test on my
formlib-based contents view for folders. It seems that CMFDefault/
browser/tests.py is being ignored when called from within the sandbox

bin/test -vv -fs ~/CMF-Sandbox/cmf-trunk/src/Products.CMFDefault/
Products/CMFDefault/browser/ tests.py
Running tests at level 1
Total: 0 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors in 0.000 seconds.

whereas if I in an old-style instance I run
bin/zopectl test -vv -fs Products/CMFDefault/browser/ tests.py

I get

bin/zopectl test -vv -fs Products/CMFDefault/browser
/opt/Zope-2.11/lib/python/ZPublisher/Iterators.py:1:
DeprecationWarning: The Interface package is deprecated and will be
removed in Zope 2.12. Use zope.interface instead.
   from Interface import Interface
Running tests via: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/
Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python /opt/Zope-2.11/bin/test.py -
v --config-file /Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/etc/zope.conf -vv -fs
Products/CMFDefault/browser
Parsing /Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/etc/zope.conf
/opt/Zope-2.11/lib/python/ZPublisher/Iterators.py:1:
DeprecationWarning: The Interface package is deprecated and will be
removed in Zope 2.12. Use zope.interface instead.
   from Interface import Interface
Running tests at level 1
Running Products.CMFDefault.testing.FunctionalLayer tests:
   Set up Testing.ZopeTestCase.layer.ZopeLite in 0.531 seconds.
   Set up Products.CMFCore.testing.FunctionalZCMLLayer in 3.233 seconds.
   Set up Products.CMFDefault.testing.FunctionalLayer in 1.853 seconds.
   Running:
  /Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/Products/CMFDefault/browser/
metadata.txt (1.528 s)
  /Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/Products/CMFDefault/browser/
document.txt (0.784 s)
  /Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/Products/CMFDefault/browser/
file.txt (0.610 s)
   Ran 16 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 2.923 seconds.
Tearing down left over layers:
   Tear down Products.CMFDefault.testing.FunctionalLayer in 0.068
seconds.
   Tear down Products.CMFCore.testing.FunctionalZCMLLayer in 0.003
seconds.
   Tear down Testing.ZopeTestCase.layer.ZopeLite in 0.000 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark