[Zope-CMF] IndexableObjectWrapper

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Mar 18 11:26:44 EDT 2009

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Falling back to the current behavior is cheap, both at runtime and in
> maintenance costs.  Why break BBB gratuitously?

Because this would be a simple *generic* solution:

   w = queryMultiAdapter((obj, self), IIndexableObject, default=obj)

That code could be pushed down the stack to ZCatalog and CMF could use
that feature by registering a CMF-specific adapter. No need to override
the catalog_object method in CatalogTool.

And I doubt missing BBB would hurt many people: If you don't include the
ZCML files from CMF, you have to update your registrations anyway. And
who catalogs content that doesn't implement IContentish?

Cheers,

	Yuppie