[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.2 release?

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Fri Nov 6 10:08:16 EST 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Worked with Eric on my formlib for folders and fixing
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/308947
>
> I can't commit my formlib for folders because the browser tests fail
> due
> to a utility lookup. Something must have changed in the browser test
> framework since the summer so I hope this is easy to fix. Does
> anyone have
> an idea what might have changed? My existing browser tests are based
> on
> the other formlib ones and are independent of the changes I made.
>
> We couldn't commit the fix to 308947 so I uploaded the patch to
> launchpad.
> We simply implemented additional check to the paste verify method of
> portal folders. Yuppie refers to the summer discussion about
> sophisticated
> preconditions but that would be overkill in my view for this.
>
> Thanks to Eric and Hanno for helping me get stuff setup and
> introducing me
> to pdb and I think Eric enjoyed his first look at the CMF innards.
>
> Charlie

And thank you, Charlie, for helping me muddle my way through CMF. I'm
sorry to say I hadn't dug too deeply into it before last week.

Jens, could I possibly talk you into releasing an alpha (or even dev?)
egg in the next week? After showing off Plone 4 at our conference, I'm
getting a flood of "when can I get an alpha?" requests daily.

Eric