[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.2 release?

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Sep 16 15:16:37 EDT 2009

Hi Eric!

Eric Steele wrote:
> Assuming we don't hit any further delays, we're looking at having a
> Plone 4.0 alpha available in about 6 weeks. Would it be possible to
> have a 2.2 release of CMF cut by then? What can I do to help that
> happen?

These are the issues related to milestone CMF 2.2.0:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=1977

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/308947 has the same issue as
this unmerged branch:
http://svn.zope.org/Products.CMFCore/branches/wichert-constructionfilter/
Both create inconsistent behavior because they don't implement the same
restrictions for adding new objects and adding copied or moved objects.
IMHO the change should be reverted if nobody resolves that issue.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/397795 doesn't look very
complicated, but someone has to complete that change.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161664 is just a reminder to
myself that I want to revisit the add actions machinery. If I don't find
a better solution I'll make the types tool an ordered container. That
makes add actions at least sortable.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/411732 is harmless but
annoying. I hope someone fixes the class directive in Five. In CMF we
would have to move the security declarations back into the Python code
or use some special view interfaces without 'context' and 'request'
attributes.

Don't know how you can help. But #411732 is assigned to nobody and I'm
not sure if #308947 and #397795 are assigned to people who feel
responsible for those issues.

Cheers,

	Yuppie