[Zope-CMF] Products namespace for eggs

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Sep 24 08:17:23 EDT 2009

Am 24.09.2009, 14:09 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> Renaming provides less than little perceived gain. It adds serious pain
> because then you must go about registering your package manually, you
> must change imports all over, and you force every package that depends
> on the CMF to do the same. Besides, the different CMF packages are
> standard Zope2 products. Leaving them in the Products namespace makes
> that very clear.

While I'm convinced of the little gain (and even more so of the extended
pain), I think that the move to eggs will over time make the Zope Products
idea redundant. I guess this is why Plone has dropped it. Anyway, I'm glad
we had the discussion as it helped me understand better how things fit
together. :-)

Regarding something completely different - I picked up on zope-dev that
the svn server has been updated. Does this mean that we can now use the
svn branch to trunk merging offered in svn >= 1.5 or is this still
inadvisable? If it is still inadvisable could you list (again) how to go
about doing it properly and safely?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark