[Zope-CMF] CMF vs. CMF.buildout

yuppie y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Aug 5 10:52:36 EDT 2010

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> I'm actively abstaining as while I understand the need to clean things up,
> I'm not sure I understand the whole context (my lack of understanding
> rather than any lack of explanation). CMF is actually empty, isn't it?
> Apart from the history that is.

Well. It has svn:externals for the CMF Products, similar to CMF.buildout.

I would not change or delete HISTORY.txt.

AFAICS these things in CMF/trunk can be deleted:

- 'docs' (ancient docs)

- 'functest' (ancient functional tests)

- RELEASE.txt and slurp_release.py (used for abandoned tarball releases)

- CHANGES.txt, EXTERNALS.txt and __init__.py

And these files might still contain some useful information, but need to
be cleaned up:

- INSTALL.txt and INSTALL_SVN.txt

- README.txt

Cheers,