[Zope-CMF] Problem with offline buildout

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Jan 20 11:47:59 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Charlie Clark <charlie at begeistert.org> wrote:
> I'm testing deploying a current project using buildout's offline mode. I
> have a complete download cache but I'm still getting errors:
>
> "We have no distributions for products.cmfcore that satisfies
> 'products.cmfcore'."

I think you've run into a Windows specific problem with
case-sensitivity. The requirement should be called "Products.CMFCore",
which would also be in the download cache. But something is turning
that into an all lower-case "products.cmfcore". I suspect that the
filesystem might not be case-sensitive and something does an
os.listdir call or similar.

I've seen the same behavior of all-lowercase names on my Windows 7
test machine. I'd suspect it's not just a single place but quite a
number of them that are affected by this.

Hanno