[Zope-CMF] Problem with offline buildout

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Jan 21 03:44:37 EST 2010

Am 20.01.2010, 17:47 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu>:

> I think you've run into a Windows specific problem with
> case-sensitivity. The requirement should be called "Products.CMFCore",
> which would also be in the download cache. But something is turning
> that into an all lower-case "products.cmfcore". I suspect that the
> filesystem might not be case-sensitive and something does an
> os.listdir call or similar.
> I've seen the same behavior of all-lowercase names on my Windows 7
> test machine. I'd suspect it's not just a single place but quite a
> number of them that are affected by this.

It would be nice if that was the case but I get the same problem on OS X:

"""
We have no distributions for Products.CMFCore that satisfies
'Products.CMFCore'.
Getting distribution for 'Products.CMFCore'.
Running easy_install:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
"-c" "from setuptools.command.easy_install import main; main()" "-mUNxd"
"/Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/eggs/tmpegx0OT" "-q"
"/Users/charlieclark/Sites/zurich/downloads/dist/Products.CMFCore-2.2.0.tar.gz"
path=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages

Download error: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known --
Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'eggtestinfo' (maybe misspelled?)
"""

setuptools wants to check something online even thought it has everything
it needs.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark