[Zope-CMF] SVN: Products.CMFCore/branches/2.2/Products/CMFCore/exportimport/content.py remove type check that seem useless

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Thu Jan 13 08:17:29 EST 2011

Le 13/01/11 14:02, Wichert Akkerman a écrit :
> On 1/13/11 14:01 , Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

>>> Aren't you risking double encoding now? That patch looks like it makes
>>> things worse, not better.
>>
>> I am not sure I understand what you mean.
>>
>> I did try the patch on one of my sites where export was raising an
>> exception. Export did work and the files produced make sense to me.
>>
>> In the branch, prior to apply the patch, I added tests that mimic my
>> site setup and do not pass.
>
> But do you know why? The original code was more robust than your
> version, so I am extremely curious why it was failing for you and is not
> now.
>
> Wichert.

Reproducing the bug is extremely easy : install a bare Plone 4 site with
language french (this creates content with accented characters that
trigger the bug) then try an export or snapshot in portal_setup.

What your comment might imply is that the creation of default content in
a Plone site is the culprit, rather than the export code in CMFCore.

You make me wonder if I am actually reproducing something wrong in my
tests setup : am I allowed to set a unicode value in Title and Description ?

The code hereunder is setting up the tests :

"""
         ITEMS_TITLE = u'Actualit\xe9'
         ITEMS_DESCRIPTION = u'Actualit\xe9 r\xe9centes'
         for id in ITEM_IDS:
             site._setObject(id, _makeINIAware(id))
             item = getattr(site, id)
             item.setTitle(ITEMS_TITLE)