[Zope-CMF] [dev] working on the trunk

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sat Oct 1 07:36:14 EST 2011

Am 30.09.2011, 10:55 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> AFAICS only the getUpdateBase method of ISyndicationTool needs to be
> backwards compatible. Everything else is new API or doesn't return
> DateTime objects. Wouldn't it be better to use datetime internally? You
> already need an upgrade step for SyndicationInformation. Writing an
> additional upgrade step for SyndicationTool wouldn't be much extra work.

ISyndicationInfo is a new interface. I'm tempted to use zope.schema
directly on this but I suppose that does tie any implementation to
zope.schema rather maybe annotated Python tyes. Thoughts?

Regarding zope.annotation - IAttributeAnnotatable creates a new object
within the folder but I'd rather not have the SyndicationInfo visible
within the ZMI but IAnnotations only uses a dictionary and so less
suitable for storing multiple values. If I go the AttributeAnnotatable way
is it okay to use Persistent rather than SimpleItem as long as
manage_fixupOwnershiAafterAdd is provided? Or is that too kludgy and
preferable to work on my current adapter to provide attribute access to an
Annotations dictionary?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark