[Zope-CMF] [dev] working on the trunk

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Oct 5 05:07:41 EST 2011

Am 04.10.2011, 10:55 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> I think in general it's fine to use zope.schema for CMFCore interfaces.
> But if you use properties instead of separate accessors and mutators,
> you can't set different read/write permissions in Zope 2. So please make
> sure modifying the settings is protected sufficiently.

Right, thanks for the reminder. Currently I have a schema in CMFDefault
derived from a very abstract interface in CMFCore and I think I'll stick
with that because I use a CMFDefault specific SimpleVocabulary.

>> Regarding zope.annotation - IAttributeAnnotatable creates a new object
>> within the folder
> Why do you think so? AFAICS the default implementation stores all
> annotations in the __annotations__ attribute.

Running some tests with the most recent version and it definitely creates
child objects that are visible in the ZMI. I guess I need to test this a
bit more but I suspect I might have to provide my own implementation.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director