[Zope-CMF] [dev] CatalogTool as utility

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Sep 19 04:57:23 EST 2011

Hi!

Converting the CatalogTool is not so easy because it is just a small
subclass of ZCatalog. And ZCatalog expects REQUEST in its acquisition
context.

AFAICS the only place where this causes trouble is the
AbstractCatalogBrain API. But I might be missing other issues. Maybe
some people can test CMF trunk with their code? Is there a Plone branch
that is tested against CMF trunk?

Currently CMF trunk contains some hacks to work around the catalog brain
issues. But I hope there is a better solution. Maybe the ICatalogBrain
methods getURL, _unrestrictedGetObject and getObject should have a
REQUEST argument that is used instead of self.REQUEST?

Any kind of feedback and help is welcome.

Cheers,

	Yuppie