[Zope-CMF] 2.3

yuppie y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Mar 22 12:28:42 UTC 2012

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> I'm testing with some existing sites and getting the following error
> even before I run the upgrades:
>
> ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> Products.CMFCore.interfaces._tools.IURLTool>, '')
>
> I'm obviously missing a registration but my site includes
> Products.CMFCore package.

The tools are *local* utilities. Including the ZCML doesn't fix this
issue. You have to run the upgrade step.

It should be possible to use the ZMI without this kind of errors. In
some places I added fallbacks like this one:

         try:
             utool = getUtility(IURLTool)
         except ComponentLookupError:
             # BBB: fallback for CMF 2.2 instances
             utool = aq_get(self, 'portal_url')

If you can't run the upgrades from the ZMI it might be necessary to add
more fallbacks in CMF.

HTH,

	Yuppie