[Zope-CMF] [dev] tools as utilities

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Sep 6 10:07:37 UTC 2012

Am 06.09.2012, 11:56 Uhr, schrieb Patrick Gerken
<patrick.gerken at computer.org>:

> Wait, what?
> Whenever I look into structure, there is only basic information, not
> even the workflow states of the objects get exported.
> What am I doing wrong?

I was thinking something similar: can you really use Generic Setup to
migrate objects from one Zope system to another? I guess you can as long
as you provide the right upgrade steps for your content types, ie. you
write the missing management stuff, as transmogrify seems to do.

Tres, please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

In terms of CMF I think we could add something that would allow content
objects to be ex- and importable. Though like Patrick I'm not too sure how
this would handle adapted content.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark