[Zope-CMF] Security declarations on adapters

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 12:46:30 UTC 2012

On 6 September 2012 14:06, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am 06.09.2012, 13:11 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>

>> Good.
>>  What is, in your view, missing from a final release?
>>  Laurence proposed some changes for the utilities:
>> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2012-September/030381.html
>

>>  If we agree that's the way to go, I'd like to have his changes in CMF 2.3
>> before the final release.
>

> Unless something downstream is dependent on these kind of changes I don't
> see any reason to including them at this late stage.

I think the downsides from leaving it out are:

* Another branch of five.localsitemanager to maintain.

* Incompatibility between CMF 2.3 and Zope 4 once the parent pointer
changes go in.

Plone is unlikely to make a CMF upgrade until it removes its
CMFDefault dependency.

Laurence

The main downside to leaving the changes out is the necessity of
another five.localsitemanager branch to maintain. The changes are
compatible with CMF 2.2, but it may not play nicely with the