[Zope-CMF] Move to github?

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Mar 3 14:44:27 UTC 2013

Am 02.03.2013, 21:42 Uhr, schrieb Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com>:

> Seriously?

I can understand reservations about the move and did indeed voice my own
at the time.

> You do realise it's:
> a) free (for us)

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."™

> b) decentralised

If the shit really does hit the fan then I'm not sure that would help us
that much.

> I appreciate you may have to do the occasional 'push' to a .com domain,
> but you've got to be kidding...

I don't think the TLD is the problem. GitHub is a VC funded company and
not a philanthropic institution.

Yuppie has been by far the most prolific contributor to the CMF over the
last few years. I'm not sure if it will have much of a future without his
continued commitment.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark