[Zope-CMF] A Tale of Two Repositories

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri May 15 13:07:23 CEST 2015

Tres Seaver schreef op 14-05-15 om 21:14:
> Contributor Workflow:  Github
> -----------------------------
>
> Github-based contributors will follow normal Github workflow patterns:
>
> - Fork the repository of interest via the Github UI.

If they have contributor acccess to the original repository, they can of
course create a branch in this original github repository.

I was going to say: "the same is true for Launchpad," but on Launchpad
we should of course not do any manual changes to the original
repository, because it is meant to be only touched by the automatic
synchronisation.

> The Launchpad repository will be synched automatically, whether by the
> cron job or by the built-in Launchpad mirroring.

Does anyone know if we can make the Launchpad repository read-only
except for the synchronization?  This would prevent accidental commits.
  Well, I guess the access rights can be tweaked.  If the repo can only
be written to by one Zope Foundation or CMF account, this would prevent
accidental commits by individual contributors.

Sounds good to me.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl