[Zope-CMF] CMFActionIcons moved to github

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Sep 11 16:57:26 CEST 2015

Op 11-09-15 om 13:55 schreef Charlie Clark:
> Am .09.2015, 13:02 Uhr, schrieb Johannes Raggam <raggam-nl at adm.at>:
>
>> I wonder why Plone still depends on it, if the code was moved to other
>> CMF packages...?
>
> I think Plone still hasn't switched to the version of CMF which has the
> integration. I don't know the details but I think there are things that
> are done directly in Plone. It's a pity because CMF 2.1 and 2.2 contain
> a lot of improvements including a browser-view only skin.

Yes, Plone has switched over a long time ago.  Plone 4.0 and higher,
including Plone 5, have CMF 2.2.  (Not 2.3, for compatibility reasons
that I don't know.)

But CMFActionIcons 2.1.3 is still shipped in Plone 4 for backwards
compatibility reasons, so you don't get broken objects in the ZMI.

I noticed some links to svn.zope.org in the sources.cfg in the Plone
coredev buildout for 4.3, and I wanted to get rid of it.  This is part
of that.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl