[Zope-DB] Problems compiling PoPy

Slough, David David.Slough@Jostens.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:20:15 -0600

All,

Sorry in advance if this problem has been discussed adequately here, but I
have scoured lists in search of this one.  I am both a Python and Zope
newbie, but I have a *nix box with the following installed:

RedHat 6.2
PostgreSQL 6.5.3 - base, server, devel, and python rpms onboard
Python 1.5.2 - base and devel
Zope 2.4.2 - compiled from source - runs no problem.

I wish to install PoPy2.7 and after that ZPoPyDA2.7.  As you can see, my
issue is PoPy at the moment.  I have downloaded the source, installed the
mxDate routines and I try to configure, I get errors as follows:

[root@machine]# ./configure --with-mxdatetime-headers=/usr/include
--with-postgres-libraries=/usr/lib/pgsql \
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python version... 1.5
checking python installation prefix... /usr
checking python installation exec_prefix... /usr
checking definitions in Python library makefile... done
checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python1.5/site-packages
checking location of python shared modules...
$(exec_prefix)/lib/python1.5/site-
packages
checking location of mxDateTime... /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime
checking for PQconnectStart in -lpq... no
configure: error: can't build without PostgreSQL libraries

I have libpq installed (/usr/lib/...) and gcc recognizes it.  Since I am
calling out the location and I have the libpq files...I am at a loss for the
punchline to this joke.

Has anyone any ideas about what might be missing or misconfigured here?  Any
help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dave