[Zope-DB] diconnecting

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:05:45 -0500

Sadly, what a Zope DA thinks of as being "connected" is usually woefully
incorrect.  In fact, the only thing "connected" means is that the
database WAS connected, not that it is.

The DA is supposed to perform a reconnect if the database goes down, but
it only changes the "connected" state if it can't reconnect to the
remote end.

So instead, what the problem would appear to be is that the DA isn't
properly closing and reopening the connection when it fails.  What DA
are you using?