[Zope-DB] Problems with Oracle DA and Dates

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:16:34 -0400

on 10/2/01 8:46 AM, Dario Lopez-K=E4sten at dario@ita.chalmers.se wrote:

>>=20
>> Hi Dario, have you looked at the Control Panel with the Debug
>> Information?  It will show you the top refcounted Zope objects; this may
>> help you determine for sure that it is DateTime objects being leaked, or
>> something else.
>=20
> Thansk for the hint, matt. I've looked, but it turns out that the DateTim=
> is
> not used very much, only about 34 refcounts; we are also using the cvs
> version of the Oracle DA adapter.
>=20
> We removed LocalFS and it seems to have cured some of the
> crash-about-every-two-requests problems, however, Zope is still dog-slow =
and
> crash-prone.
>
> How much is a large refcount? we have numbers in ranging in the 670+  for
> one or two classes and then we have a bunch of classes in the 300-400
> refcount area...
>=20
> Any help is appreciated.
>=20
> /dario

I generally consider "large" to be in the thousands, and you dont have
anything that high.  I do see a large number of restricted python transform=
going on (from your HTML page you sent me directly) and I'm curious as to
why that number is about 700 -- that seems a little high to me, and may be =
leak source.  During normal operation it is possible to see tens of
thousands of objects in use (particularly BTree items).

Tracking down refcount leaks in python can be a bear sometimes!