[Zope-DB] ZODBC Text length

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:20:35 -0400

Andy McKay wrote:

>When writing to what SQL Server calls a text field, ZODBCA truncates the
>data. Whilst I start rummaging through sql.c, has anyone come across this /
>solved it / knows a quick solution?
>
>Cheers.
>--
>  Andy McKay.

What's the magic number at which it's truncating?  BTW, look at the
sql.i file, not sql.c; the .i file is the SWIG input (ugh for people
like me who disapprove of writing database adapters based on SWIG).

I can see som SQLGetString stuff which would seem to truncate at 128 chars.

In sqlutil.i I can see some stuff that would seem to map an "ignore"
type of some kind to 256 characters; but I'm not a  SWIG whiz so I am
not sure that's significant.