[Zope-DB] Oracle and Zope on Linux

D.RickAnderson D.RickAnderson
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:07:17 -0700

Hello all. I'm trying to get an Oracle connection with my Linux Zope box. It keeps telling me
that it needs libclntsh.so.8.0. My ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE are set correctly
and it tells me what directory it is looking for it in, but I can't find the the file there. I can't
find it anywhere on the system for that matter.

I couldn't find the Oracle linux client for download on the net so I bought 8.1.5 on a CD
from an online store and installed it. It seemed to install just fine, but libclntsh.so.8.0 is
nowhere to be found.

Here's the stats:

RedHat Linux 7.1
Zope 2.3.2