[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 Oracle9i problems

Christopher Jenkins cjenkin1@stanwell.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:56:34 +1000

"Matthew T. Kromer" wrote:

> BTW, I did check in a change today to the CVS code that I think has
> taken out the ambiguity that was setup for Oracle9i.  Personally, I read
> the documentation as allowing an OCIBindArrayOfStruct even when you
> aren't trying to bind a PL/SQL array variable (and this certainly works
> on Oracle 8.1) but this seems to trigger a check in Oracle 9i.  I'm sure
> if I reported this as a problem it would come back like the IBM
> "documentation APAR" meaning "we'll fix the documentation when we update
> it".
>
> AFAIK the code also continues to work for Oracle 8.0, and 8.1.   I'm
> nervous that there might be some alignment problems, but I dont know
> that they will occur in real life (alignment probs when padding occurs
> at the end of structures could cause incorrect results, potentially).
>
> That checkin means you dont have to switch back to dynamic binds by
> commenting out the line in DCOracle2.py which does a setStatic call on
> the binding array.

Thanks for the updates, Matthew.  I have given the new code a
reasonable workout since returning to work today and have not
run into any problems.

Hopefully no problems will appear with Oracle 8.0 and 8.1.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the considerable
time and effort you have commited to resolving this issue.

Chris