[Zope-DB] SybaseDA not accepted as product

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:42:24 -0400

Sebastian Singer wrote:

>After compiling from source and following all instructions by the readme
>
>file my zope server is not able to load SybaseDA as a product.
>
>This is the message which appears instead:
>
>File
>"/usr/src/packages/BUILD/Zope-2.3.1-src/lib/python/OFS/Application.py"....
>
>File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/__init__.py",
>line90, in ?
>import DA
>File "/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/DA.py", line 91, in
>?
> from db import DB
>SyntaxError: duplicate argument in function definition (db.py, line 158)
>

>How can I fix it?
>
>I am running this configuration:
>
> SuSE Linux 7.2
> Kernel 2.2.x
> Python 2.0
> Sybase ASE 11.9.2
> SybaseDA 2.0b2
> Zope 2.3.1 (with ZServer)
>
> yours
>
> Sebastian

There's an updated version in CVS (but I think its in our private CVS --
I don't see it on cvs.zope.org), but the upshot is that there's a
duplicate name in a huge set of default arguments.  Find the dup and
remove or rename it.  I forget which name it is (I *think* it is
CS_SUCCEED or CS_CMD_SUCCEED),  but you can find it if you look for it.