[Zope-DB] opening and closing a database connection from a dtml-method

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:11:42 -0400

Thomas_Janke@prisma-edv.de wrote:

>-----------
>This is actually a lot trickier than you might think with Zope.  The
>reason is that Zope's RDBMS support does not have an "administrativly
>closed" state on connections -- each time a connection is  needed, it
>will be opened if it is not already open.  So, if you acquire a
>connection object (e.g. by name) and replace its connection string with
>an invalid one, you'll "close" the connection -- but that's not really
>what you want, I dont think.
>
>How exactly do I replace a connections connection string?
>
>Yours

Well, it COULD be as simple as grabbing the connection object and
changing its connection_string attribute, but that is going to vary by
DA as to what it's called -- i.e. there is  no API for doing this.