[Zope-DB] A new DA

Julián Muñoz jmunoz@telefonica.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:17:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Juli=E1n_Mu=F1oz?= writes:
>  > Error, exceptions.AttributeError: string_literal SQL used:
> Apparently, it does not find the method "string_literal" necessary
> to implement SQL quoting...

So it is a method that the connection object to the database must
implement. I have looked at the ZMysqlDA, well this part is in C
(_mysql.c), hum... (really I loss me here, except the comments, that
illumuninate me  :-)
And what I find in ZGadflyDA/gadfly doesn't clarify me.

I also searched in zodbcda, it is not here (or at less grep doesn't find
it), it must be inside the binary.

Do you know if the method string_literal is database specifific ??

And if it is database specific, the only thing I have to do is take the
specification of this database and implement the sql quoting (pass from a
python string, to a quoted string valid for this database). ??

Thank you !!

--

      __o
    _ \<_