[Zope-DB] How to send a 'still working' message ?

Emmanuel Courcelle emmanuel.courcelle@toulouse.inra.fr
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:14:32 +0200

Hello.

I have an external python procedure, with some code like this:

for p in some_list:
    context.zsql_request1(p...)
    context.zsql_request2(p...)
    context.zsql_request3(p...)

There are about 10 iterations or more, and each iteration takes about
5 to 10 seconds. So, it would be nice if I could send an html page
with some message like:

'Now working on iteration %i...' % p

and of course another message would be displayed at each iteration.
But how can I do this ???
I need some sort of unbuffered output from my procedure, but I do not
know how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

E.C.

--=20
Emmanuel COURCELLE                   emmanuel.courcelle@toulouse.inra.fr
L.B.M.R.P.M. (C.N.R.S.-I.N.R.A.)     tel (33) 5-61-28-54-50
B.P.27 - 31326 CASTANET TOLOSAN Cedex
------
Je voudrais etre ce vaurien, qui fera d=E9railler ton train-train
http://perso.libertysurf.fr/dabhia/portrait/dikes.htm