[Zope-DB] MySQL problems

Adam Shallcross aes@starfishuk.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:13:28 +0100

Hello everyone..

I need some quick help please.  I am new to the Zope and Python fields
and am very interested in learning the product.

I have downloaded the latest release of Zope and the latest release of
MySQL.  Also I have downloaded the latest versions of MySQLdb and
ZMySQLda....i am trying to get the modules to work in Zope, however I am
having problems getting the module to install properly.

The error I get in the command window is=20

building '_mysql' extension
cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -Ic:\mysql\include -IC:\Py
ysql.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.2\Release\_mysql.obj
error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory

I understand that I need to have a C comiler installed on my system, but
I do not know where to get a decent free c compiler.  The only help I
have found so far is telling me to install Microsoft Visual C++, which I
don't want to do really.  There must be a way of doing this without
installing this package.

I am using a Windows 2000 box.

Thanks=20

Adam Shallcross
Programmer/Developer
aes@starfishuk.com

Office:       +44 (0) 20 8674 9161
Fax:          +44 (0) 20 8674 2849
Telephone: +44 (0) 70 0390 2293

www.starfishuk.com <http://www.starfishuk.com/>=20
www.teamstarfish.com <http://www.teamstarfish.com/>=20

WARNING: For your own safety all email attachments should be=20
virus scanned prior to opening. This communication contains=20
information which is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not=20
the addressee, you may not copy or otherwise use the information.=20
Please note that the opinions expressed in this communication are=20
not necessarily those of Starfish Media UK Ltd.

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately at:
info@starfishuk.com

Thank you.