[Zope-DB] Re:MySQL problems (Adam Shallcross)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:28:56 +0200

Adam Shallcross writes:
 >     import _mysql
 > ImportError: No module named _mysql
Seems currently to be a recurring problem. I answered some 5 messages
recently about this same problem (for such purposes, the mailing
lists have archives (hint!)).

Python, the one executing Zope, is unable to locate the
"_mysql.dll".

If you did not yet already, you must install "MySQL-Python" for
Windows (and Python 2.1.3).

You must then either put the Python modules and shared libraries
from "MySQL-Python" into a place where the Python interpreter
looks usually ("<your_Zope_Directory>/lib/python" is a candidate)
or set up PYTHONPATH appropriately.

Please careful read the installation instructions for "MySQL-Python".
Search the mailing list archives for PYTHONPATH, if necessary.

There are also MySQL installation on Windows HowTos, I think even
at Zope.org. Search for them!

Dieter