[Zope-DB] mysql user interface

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:24:51 +0200

Daryl Middleton writes:
 > Is there an interface in zope that allows searches by users for a mysql or
 > postgresql database from a website.  I put one together in python but it was
 > not pretty.
You need a so called "Database Adapter" for your database system
(there are Adapter available for almost all database systems),
a Z SQL Method (part of Zope core) and the Z Search Interface
(part of Zope core).

There are some products (i.e. Zope extensions) that are more
versatile then Z Search Interface and can create Z SQL Methods
automatically. Search Zope.org for database related products.

Dieter