[Zope-DB] Per-user connections

Yves Bastide Yves.Bastide@irisa.fr
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:49:14 +0100

Hi,

For reasons best left in the dark, I'd like to have per-user database
connections.  Since this is in an application where (most of) the SQL is
already done in a module, I see two ways of doing:

* create a Connection object, stored in the Sessin, when the user is
authentified; to use ZSQL methods, subclass the DA to take the
Connection parameter in __call__

* don't count on using ZSQL methods; use a class derived from the one I
use outside of Zope, and from Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM's TM to know when to
commit/rollback.

Can people familiar with Zope's machinery comment on these approaches
(or give me a better one)?

Thanks!

yves