[Zope-DB] Per-user connections

Iain Anderson Jethro.Anderson@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:01:18 -0000

Am I missing the bl***ing obvious here :-) ... but why can't you use
whatever is your normal Zope authentication and then pass
AUTHENTICATED_USER into your ZSQL methods for authorisation, auditing etc.

Oracle now recognises the difficulty of registering every possible user in
the database and e.g with the use of virtual private databases expects to
pick up user/authentication information from the context of each database
call.

--On Monday, December 09, 2002 11:17:46 +0100 Yves Bastide