[Zope-DB] Issues of MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA

Martin Gebert Murphy@members.netsolution-net.de
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:56:21 +0100

Dieter Maurer schrieb:

>Martin Gebert writes:
> > Some time ago I came across two issues with MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA, which
> > I reported to Andy Dustman, owner of this two Products. I didn't get any
> > answer until today, so I'd like to publish these on this list in the
> > hope that someone more into this code could have an eye on it.
> >
> > --------------------------
> >
> > First, I ran into problems when I tried to do
> >
> > from MySQLdb import *
> >
> > in Python 2.1.3 (console) due to missing attributes in that package
> > (some date and time attributes or functions). Deleting the referring
> > declarations from the __init__.py/__all__ list seemed to work...
>Looks fine.
>
>Send him the patch.
>
>Maybe place it in your member area on "Zope.org", too, such that others
>can use it.

OK, this problem had already been solved. I connected Andy succesfully
and he told me that there's a new version of MySQLdb (MySQL-python) on
SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

You can find this link also on the MySQLdb page at Zope in the menu on
the left...

Martin