[Zope-DB] mxODBC Zope Database Adapter

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:21:28 +0200

Hi everybody,

I just joined this list and scanned the archives a bit... I'm
looking for information on how to test a Zope DA for compliance
to your Zope DA standards (if there are any ;-).

I have read the "How to writre a DA" document
from Chris Petrilli and scanned through the code for a
few DAs. I now have an mxODBC Zope DA written from scratch
which works together with Z SQL Methods, can connect to any
ODBC data source and send queries to it. Cool :-)

But now I'm a bit lost:

* is there are test suite I can use to figure out which parts
   still need tweaking ?

* is there a standard set of admin interfaces a Zope DA has
   to provide ?

* are there any extensions to the standard interface (currently
   there only seems to be a single .query() method in there),
   which I could implement to better expose the rich ODBC
   APIs (e.g. catalog methods come to mind) ?

And, since this is my first Zope product :):

* is there a standard way to ship Zope products (the most common
   seems to be: unzip + restart, but that doesn't strike me as
   user-friendly and it also doesn't work with C extensions unless
   you ship binary releases)

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg