[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 wrt adding External Module

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:09:46 -0400

tenasakai@earthlink.net wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I have made DCOracle2 a few times in last couple of
>hours and I can't solve this problem.  Namely:
>If I run Python interactively and say
>    import DCOracle2
>all is well.  If I go to zope and try to add a
>simple external method then I get an error:
>      Error Type: ImportError
>      Error Value: No module named DCOracle2
>The method I am trying to add is in Extensions
>directory (immediately under the distribution
>directory) and my routine looks like:

There are "two" DCOracle2 modules -- the outer directory is for Zope.
 After building, the "inner" DCOracle2 directory should contain two
files:  DCOracle2.py and dco2.so -- you want to copy the inner directory
to your Python extensions directory.  However, for installing under
Zope, what you want to do instead is symlink the inner directory into
lib/python underneath the Zope home.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/