[Zope-DB] MySQL and threading

Frank Tegtmeyer fte-sub-zope-db@fte.to
07 Jun 2002 16:25:19 +0200

Hi,

is it necessary to use the thread safe mysql client libraries for
mysql-python when it's used for ZMySQLDA?

We have a production site (Zope 2.4.3) which crashes randomly under
high load - the crashes were reduced by switching to the last ZMySQLDA
which solves the problem of thread local variables in the
mysqlclient-library but still we have a crash at least every three
hours.
Debugging shows nothing except some AccessConflicts to the ZODB which
seem to be normal under high load.

The use of the not thread safe libraries remains to be one source for
the crashes. Andy?

Regards, Frank