[Zope-DB] Re: Problem with Psycopg?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:51:15 -0500

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:57:07AM +0530, Stylus wrote:

| Initially it wouldn't install because I didn't have the mxDateTime
| module so I went and got that from egenix site and used the following
| command "Zope-2.5.1/bin/python setup.py install" so as to avoid the
| Python2.2 that's already installed on my machine.

| This went thru fine.

Nope.  See below.

| Then I discovered that I followed the instructions here
| http://initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/FAQ to complete the psycopg
| installation. First I had trouble with the location of the mxDateTime so
| I copied the entire "mx" dir under usr/local/python2.2/site-packages/mx
                                                     ^^^
| to "Zope-2.5.1/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mx". But the .configure would
                           ^^^

You can't take a C module compiled for python 2.2 and use it with
python 2.1. =20

| still fail. So I used the first location in the .configure and it came
| back without any errors. Then I had problems running the last command
| "make install-zope" so I moved the ZPsycopgDA myself to the correct
| location under "Zope-2.5.1/lib/python/Products" Then I copied the
| psycopgmodule.so which was created under
| "usr/local/python2.2/site-packages/"
                   ^^^

| After restarting Zope the ZPsycopgDA is broken. The error is=20

| ImportError:
| /home/zope/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/psycopgmodule.so:
| undefined symbol: PyType_IsSubtype
|=20
| Can anyone Help me ?!!!

Rebuild psycopg (and mxDateTime) but build them against python 2.1,
not 2.2.  You may need to modify the setup.py script to point it to
the right 'python' interpreter.  (the fact that the modules were
installed in the "wrong" place indicates that something is "wrong"
with your setup -- the modules were build and installed just fine for
python 2.2)  You'll definitely need the (C) headers from python 2.1 to
compile.  I don't know if zope's tarball comes with them or not.

I really can't help other than pointing out that problem because I
have pre-made packages for my distro that work quite well.

-D

--=20

If Microsoft would build a car...
=2E.. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the car
windows, shut it off, restart it, and reopen the windows before you
could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--