[Zope-DB] FreeBSD+MySQL <---> Windows 2000+MSAccess

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering@gmx.de
Fri, 10 May 2002 19:49:59 +0200

* Dmitry Kalashnikov <dvk@qwest.net> [2002-05-10 10:29 -0700]:
> Hello,
>
> I work for my University, and I am 'forced' to run some of the database
> backend on MS Access, because it was there before I was hired. I am in
> the process of switching the database servers to FreeBSD running
> Postgresql and MySQL.
>
> We have a webserver running FreeBSD+Zope+Apache, and a windows box with
> MS Access. I need a way to connect my FreeBSD server t to that windows
> box, and pull some (Z)SQL queries off of it.
>
> Currently, I got around the problem by running zope on the windows box,
> and I've been using Jet adapter to connect to ODBC sources (locally),
> but this is pretty shitty, so I am trying to find a better way. Mainly,
> it needs to work over network, because I want Zope to be running on
> Unix.
>
> What would you reccomend?

Using mxODBC and it's DA to access the Access DB on win32. You might
need a (commercial) ODBC-ODBC bridge for this to work.

Then, of course, get rid of Access ASAP :)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930