[Zope-DB] ZODBC DA  3.1.0b2 for Python 2.1, Win XP and Zope 2.5.1 not working together?

Dick Wall dick@bldc.org
27 May 2002 18:45:00 -0400

--=-L0vA0cpDdrpHjFBel6XV

Hi,

I am writing this in the hope that someone else has seen this behaviour
and might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have the following configuration:

ZODBC DA  3.1.0b2 for Python 2.1, Win XP and Zope 2.5.1

I am unable to make even the simplest ODBC connection with this
arrangement. I simply get a "Invalid connection string:" exception every
time I try. Here is what I can tell you that might help:

1. I am able to connect using the same dsn that I type in from python
itself (using odbc.odbc). The dsn I am using is hwinv dick dick
2. I notice that the list that comes up on the new connection page seems
to only have the canned example windows connections, it does not include
the new DSNs I have set up even though I can see them in the windows
ODBC config stuff.

I am totally a newbie on ODBC and windows (used zope on linux for years
- but this is an access database and I have to make it use this). Any
clues from anyone - is the ZODBCDA just broken in this configuration?

Thanks in advance

Dick

--=-L0vA0cpDdrpHjFBel6XV

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi,
<BR>

<BR>
I am writing this in the hope that someone else has seen this behaviour and might be able to point me in the right direction.
<BR>

<BR>
I have the following configuration:
<BR>

<BR>
ZODBC DA&nbsp; 3.1.0b2 for Python 2.1, Win XP and Zope 2.5.1
<BR>

<BR>
I am unable to make even the simplest ODBC connection with this arrangement. I simply get a &quot;Invalid connection string:&quot; exception every time I try. Here is what I can tell you that might help:
<BR>

<BR>
[...]

</BODY>
</HTML>