[Zope-DB] Psycopg, Zope & Autocommit

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Sat, 09 Nov 2002 10:58:23 +0100

On 2002-11-08 at 21:57:49 [+0100], mlong@datalong.com wrote:
> I don't know why it is different on windows. I try to avoid windows
> whenever possible. My linux box does everything I need for a fraction of
> the $$$ :>)

That has nothing to do with it. I use BeOS out of preference and would run
Zope on it if select() worked. Just got to wait for OpenBeOS R1 for that.

I spent some time trying to come up with the solution and it seems it is a
Zope error: statements run directly in the test panel of the DB-Connection
executed fine as did other ZSQL-methods (INSERTS and SELECTS). By creating
a different DB-connection with exactly the same parameters and telling the
ZSQL-methods to use it things were working again. So this is either an
acquisition error, or something caused by import/export (I export the
application from my notebook and import it on the server), or something
else.

Any ideas? It seems the problem is reproducible but seeing as it doesn't
give any traceback I don't know where to go looking for more info and who
to tell in case it really is a bug.

Charlie